Lemon Braised Chickpeas
with Rosemary & Cashew Cheese
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ oz fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz red bliss potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 oz curly kale, destemmed and leaves thinly sliced
- 2 oz Treeline® Soft French-Style Cashew Cheese
- 2 lemons, one sliced into rounds, one juiced (divided)
- 4 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes, and transfer to a baking dish. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil) TIP: We will reuse this saucepan in a later step. You don’t need to rinse it.
Add rosemary, olives, chickpeas, potatoes, capers, 4 tbsp olive oil, ¼ cup water, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the baking dish with the aromatics, and stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 8 tbsp olive oil, ½ cup water)
Return the saucepan to medium-high heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Add kale and cook until bright green and wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil)
When the potatoes in the baking dish are fork-tender, remove foil, add sautéed kale, and toss. Crumble cashew cheese over the braised chickpeas and top with sliced lemon. Set the oven to broil on high. Broil braised chickpeas until cheese is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add lemon juice to the braised chickpeas. Serve the lemon braised chickpeas straight from the baking dish, family style. Bon appétit!