Lemon Braised Chickpeas
with Rosemary & Cashew Cheese
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 0.25 oz fresh rosemary, leaves picked
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 oz chopped curly kale
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced into rounds, 1 juiced (divided)
- 4 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish. TIP: We will reuse this saucepan in a later step; you don’t need to rinse it.
Add rosemary, olives, chickpeas, potatoes, capers, 4 tbsp olive oil, ¼ cup water, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the baking dish with the aromatics and stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Return saucepan to medium-high heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Add kale and cook until bright green and wilted, 2 to 4 minutes.
When potatoes in the baking dish are fork-tender, remove foil, add sautéed kale, and toss. Dollop herb garlic cheese over braised chickpeas and top with sliced lemon. Set the oven to broil on high. Broil braised chickpeas until cheese is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. TIP: All broilers are different. Watch carefully to ensure food doesn’t burn.
Add lemon juice to braised chickpeas. Serve the lemon braised chickpeas straight from the baking dish, family style. Bon appétit!