Lemon Braised Chickpeas
with Rosemary & Cashew Cheese
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 0.25 oz rosemary, leaves picked
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 oz curly kale, roughly chopped
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 2 lemons, 1 sliced into rounds, 1 juiced (divided)
- 4 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to baking dish. Set saucepan aside for step 3. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil).
Add rosemary, olives, chickpeas, potatoes, capers, 4 tbsp olive oil, ¼ cup water, and a pinch of salt and pepper to baking dish with aromatics and stir to combine. Cover tightly with foil and bake until potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Set oven to broil on high for step 4. (4-serving meal: use 8 tbsp olive oil, ½ cup water).
Return same saucepan to medium-high heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Add kale and cook until bright green and wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Add to baking dish with cooked potatoes and stir to combine. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil).
Dollop herb garlic cheese over braised chickpeas and top with sliced lemon. Broil braised chickpeas until cheese is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. TIP: All broilers are different. Watch carefully to ensure food doesn’t burn.
Add lemon juice to braised chickpeas. Serve lemon braised chickpeas straight from baking dish, family style. Bon appétit!