Charred Broccoli Tacos
with Smashed Black Beans & Romesco
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¼ cup cashews
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chipotle morita powder
- 6 tortillas
- 1 broccoli crown, florets and stem thinly sliced
- ¼ cup romesco sauce
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Add cashews to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and toast until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer cashews to a medium bowl. Set skillet aside for Step 3.
Add black beans, just ½ tsp chipotle morita powder, a pinch of salt, and ½ cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until water reduces slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Smash beans with the back of a spoon or a potato masher until the mixture thickens. TIPS: Use more of the morita powder if you prefer more spice.
Wrap tortillas in foil and place in the oven until heated through, 5 to 6 minutes. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and a pinch of salt and let cook, undisturbed, until broccoli begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir the broccoli and continue to cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. TIP: If you have a gas stove, you can heat the tortillas directly over a low flame instead. Use tongs to flip the tortillas until warmed through and lightly browned on both sides. You can also wrap tortillas in a clean dish towel and warm in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds to soften.
Divide the tortillas between plates. Top with black beans and charred broccoli. Add romesco and a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with cashews. ¡Buen provecho!