Charred Corn Salad
with Cashew Crusted Avocado & Creamy Tzatziki
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 ear of corn, shucked and kernels cut off the cob
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut on the bias
- 1 avocado, halved (pit removed)
- 1/4 cup vegan tzatziki
- 4 oz mixed greens
- Salt and pepper*
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add shallot, red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. On a small plate, combine cashews, Aleppo pepper, and a pinch of salt and set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn, zucchini, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, undisturbed, until the vegetables are charred in places, 6 to 9 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a plate and set aside. TIP: If the corn starts popping, cover with a lid to finish cooking.
Add avocado to the plate with the cashew crust and gently press the crust onto the avocado.
Add the mixed greens to the bowl with the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Divide salad between plates and top with charred corn and zucchini. Scoop cashew crusted avocado flesh from the skin in one piece and place on top. Dollop with tzatziki and sprinkle with any remaining cashew crumble. Dig in!