Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
with Avocado Salad & Chipotle Crema
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and deseeded
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 Fresno pepper, deseeded and minced
- ½ cup French green lentils, rinsed and sorted
- ½ cup white quinoa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle morita powder
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ¼ oz fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped (divided)
- 2 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced (pit removed)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Rub 1 tsp olive oil on the cut side of each bell pepper and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place pepper halves cut side down on a baking sheet and roast until browned, 15 to 18 minutes. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and Fresno pepper and cook until pepper is soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add lentils, quinoa, 2 cups water, cumin, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until lentils are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. TIP: To “sort” (as noted in the ingredient list) means to look for and discard any naturally occurring debris or stones.
Add just ¼ tsp chipotle morita powder, mayo, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl and stir to combine. TIP: Taste and add more chipotle morita powder if you like.
Add lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, radish, avocado, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and mix until combined.
Divide the quinoa and lentil mixture between bell pepper halves. Place stuffed bell peppers on plates. Top with avocado salad and a dollop of chipotle crema. Enjoy!