Summer Penne Alfredo
with Sweet Corn & Burst Tomatoes
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 ear of corn, shucked, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into triangles
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 6 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz gluten-free penne pasta
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, leaves and tender stems picked and roughly chopped
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Herb Garlic Cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add corn, zucchini, jalapeño, and garlic and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook until tomatoes have softened, 4 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil) TIPS: Place a lid over the corn to keep kernels from popping out of the skillet. If you’re sensitive to spice, omit or use less jalapeño.
Add pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes. Reserve ¾ cup pasta water and drain the pasta. Return cooked pasta to the pot, off heat, and add parsley, reserved pasta water, and herb garlic cheese. Stir to combine, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. (4-serving meal: reserve 1¼ cups pasta water)
Divide the summer penne alfredo between bowls. Top with sweet corn and burst tomatoes. Tuck in!