Superfood Snack Bars
- 6 oz medjool dates, pitted
- 2 oz dried blueberries
- 4 tbsp creamy, unsalted almond butter
- 3 tbsp refined coconut oil
- ¾ cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 oz vegan dark chocolate
- 9” x 9” baking dish or silicone mold
- Food processor
Line a baking dish with parchment paper with at least 2 inches hanging over the edges. To the bowl of a food processor, add dates, blueberries, almond butter, and 2 tbsp coconut oil. Pulse until a rough paste forms. Add sunflower seeds and shredded coconut then pulse until thoroughly combined. Transfer superfood mixture into lined dish. Press down until compressed and about ½ inch thick. Set aside.
In a small bowl, microwave chocolate and remaining coconut oil 30 seconds at a time until no solid pieces remain, about 2 minutes. Pour directly onto superfood mixture. Using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate to all edges. Chill in the fridge until set, at least 2 hours.
Remove superfood snackbars from the baking dish, lifting by the parchment paper and cut into squares. Chill in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.