Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos
with Peach Kimchi & Citrus Aioli
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, unpeeled, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 peach, thinly sliced (pit removed)
- 5.6 oz vegan cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 scallion, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 oz shredded green cabbage
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet and toss. Roast until crispy and fork-tender, 10 to 13 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Add peach and kimchi to a medium bowl, and toss to combine.
Zest and juice the lemon. Add just 1 tsp lemon zest, 2 tsp lemon juice, mayo, and a pinch of salt to a small bowl. Whisk the citrus aioli. (4-serving meal: use just 2 tsp lemon zest, 4 tsp lemon juice)
Add black beans and ½ cup water to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mash half the beans with a fork, and cook until water has reduced and mixture begins to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and transfer cooked black beans to a bowl. (4-serving meal: use 1 cup water) TIP: We will use this skillet again in the next step.
Rinse and dry the skillet, and return it to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Add 3 tortillas in a single layer. Add 2 tbsp cooked black beans and 2 tbsp roasted sweet potato to one side of each tortilla, and fold tortillas in half. Cook until crispy, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Sprinkle the crispy tortillas with salt. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal, wiping the skillet clean between batches and adding more oil as necessary.
Divide the sweet potato black bean tacos between plates. Top with peach kimchi, scallion, and shredded green cabbage. Drizzle with citrus aioli. Enjoy!