with Roasted Mustard Herb Green Beans & Buttery Mashed Potatoes
Mushrooms, shallots, and Marsala wine make a silky, savory sauce in this restaurant-worthy, plant-based version of an Italian classic.
Get Recipes Delivered
- 10 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 6 oz green beans, trimmed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp vegetable broth concentrate
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 oz white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 2 tsp + 3 tbsp olive oil*
- 1/2 tsp Salt*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover potatoes with 1 inch water and a pinch of salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add butter, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper and mash potatoes with fork until smooth. Cover and set aside. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil).
Combine green beans, 2 tsp olive oil, thyme, mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper on baking sheet and toss. Roast until browned in places, 8 to 10 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil).
Combine cornstarch, broth concentrate, ½ tsp salt, and 1 cup hot water in small bowl and set aside. (4-serving meal: 2 cups hot water).
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and a pinch of pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to plate. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil). TIP: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal.
Return same skillet to medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook until beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 to 3 minutes. Add Marsala wine and cook until reduced, about 1 minute. Add broth, bring to a boil, and cook until slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil).
Return tofu to skillet with sauce and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide tofu Marsala between plates and serve with roasted mustard herb green beans and buttery mashed potatoes. Tuck in!