Chipotle Tofu Tacos
with Creamy Cilantro Slaw & Sweet Pickled Peppers
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- ¼ oz fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced (divided)
- 4 oz coleslaw blend
- 1 oz chipotle pepper in adobo, minced, adobo sauce reserved
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsp tamari
- 6 corn tortillas
- 10 oz organic extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1.5 oz red piquanté peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat oven to 350°F for the tortillas. Add just 2 tsp lime juice, mayo, cilantro, just half the garlic, coleslaw blend, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and toss to combine. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp lime juice) TIPS: You can also use a toaster oven or microwave to warm the tortillas. Keep remaining lime juice for your own use.
Add remaining garlic, chipotle pepper, reserved adobo sauce, almond butter, tamari, 2 tbsp warm water, and ¼ tsp salt to a medium bowl and stir the chipotle sauce until smooth. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in the oven to warm, 3 to 4 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp warm water, ½ tsp salt)
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until crispy in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chipotle sauce and cook, another 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil)
Top the warm tortillas with chipotle tofu, creamy cilantro slaw, and red piquanté peppers. Serve with lime wedges. Bon appétit! TIP: Be sure to get the crispy bits out of the skillet and into your tacos.