Crispy Maple Seitan Lettuce Cups
with Cucumber Salad & Paprika Fries
Get Recipes Delivered
- 8 oz seitan, crumbled
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (divided)
- 1 russet potato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1.5 oz red piquanté peppers, roughly chopped
- ¼ oz fresh basil, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 head of lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 oz vegan ranch
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add seitan, just half the paprika, 1 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and toss to coat. Set aside. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp vegetable oil)
Add potato wedges, remaining paprika, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a foil-lined baking sheet and toss to coat. Roast until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil)
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil, shallot, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook until the shallot becomes fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add seasoned seitan and cook, undisturbed, until seitan begins to crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir and continue to cook until all seitan pieces are crispy, 4 to 6 minutes. Turn off heat, add maple syrup, and stir until evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: The smaller the seitan is crumbled, the crispier and more delicious it will be.
Add cucumber, red piquanté peppers, basil, red wine vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a medium bowl and toss.
Arrange the lettuce cups on plates. Divide the crispy maple seitan between lettuce cups. Top with cucumber salad and dollop with ranch. Serve with paprika fries. Enjoy! TIP: If you find lettuce cups too messy, chop the lettuce and make a salad.