with Miso Tomato Butter & Bok Choy
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 10 oz fresh gnocchi
- 2 tsp togarashi (divided)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 lime, one half juiced, one half cut into wedges (divided)
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tomato powder
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 6 oz baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil*
- Salt ad pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi to the boiling water and cook until they float to the surface, 3 to 5 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, drain the gnocchi, and toss cooked gnocchi with 1 tsp olive oil to prevent sticking. (4-serving meal: reserve 2 cups pasta water, use 2 tsp olive oil)
Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooked gnocchi and sauté until browned in places, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, add just 1 tsp togarashi, and stir. Transfer crisped gnocchi to a plate and cover to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp togarashi) TIPS: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal. We'll use this skillet again in the next step.
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add reserved pasta water, lime juice, miso paste, tomato powder, and butter to the skillet, stir, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, taste the miso tomato butter, and add salt and pepper as necessary. Add baby bok choy to the skillet and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Divide the miso tomato butter and baby bok choy between large plates and top with the Japanese gnocchi. Sprinkle with scallion and as much of the remaining togarashi as you like. Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!