Pimento Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
with Blueberry Balsamic Spinach Salad
Get Recipes Delivered
- ½ oz balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp agave
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
- 1½ oz red piquanté peppers, drained and minced
- 2 oz vegan shredded cheddar
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 2 oz romesco sauce
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 oz teen spinach (divided)
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add balsamic vinegar, agave, 2 tbsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk the balsamic vinaigrette. Add dried blueberries and set aside. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp olive oil) TIP: If you like a less acidic dressing, add less vinegar.
Add red piquanté peppers, shredded cheddar, cream cheese, and romesco to a medium bowl. Stir the pimento cheese until well combined.
Place half the sourdough slices on a flat surface and divide pimento cheese between the slices. Add a thin layer of spinach leaves on the cheese and top with remaining bread slices to close the sandwiches.
Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. (4-serving meal: use 2 tsp olive oil) TIP: If the pan seems dry, add another 1 tsp olive oil before flipping.
Add remaining spinach, walnuts, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl with the blueberry balsamic vinaigrette. Cut the pimento grilled cheese sandwiches in half and serve with blueberry balsamic spinach salad. Bon appétit!