Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
with Spicy Frijoles & Cumin Crema
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp ground cumin (divided)
- 6 mini sweet peppers
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp mojo rojo sauce
- ¼ cup vegan mayo
- 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges
- 0.25 oz fresh cilantro, leaves and tender stems roughly chopped
- 2 oz pickled jalapeños
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and rub each half with 1 tsp olive oil, just ⅛ tsp cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast sweet potatoes, cut side down, for 20 minutes. Add mini sweet peppers to the baking sheet with 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and continue to cook until sweet potatoes are tender, an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Add beans, mojo rojo sauce, a pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp water to a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until beans are heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add mayo, remaining cumin, lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small bowl and stir to combine.
Divide the spicy frijoles between shallow bowls. Top with sweet potatoes, roasted mini peppers, cumin crema, cilantro, and pickled jalapeños. Serve with lime wedges. ¡Buen apetito!