Sweet Potato Black Bean Quesadillas
with Mojo Verde & Guacamole Salsa
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ tsp chipotle morita powder (divided)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 13.4 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz Mojo Verde sauce (divided)
- 1 avocado, halved (pit removed)
- 2 oz Treeline® Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 2 gluten-free flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato and cook until it begins to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add just half the chipotle morita powder, cumin, oregano, black beans, just half the Mojo Verde sauce, ½ cup water, and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and simmer until sweet potato is tender, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer the sweet potato bean mixture to a medium bowl and stir until everything is slightly mashed. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil, 1 cup water) TIPS: We will reuse this skillet in a later step. If you like it spicy, add more chipotle morita powder or save the rest for another use.
Scoop the avocado flesh from the skin into a medium bowl. Add the remaining Mojo Verde, sour cream, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth. Set aside.
Wipe out the skillet and add 1 tsp vegetable oil and one tortilla over medium heat. Cook until pliable and warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sweet potato mash to one side of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and press gently to seal. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining tortilla.
Cut the sweet potato black bean quesadillas in half and serve with guacamole salsa. Tuck in!