Black Bean Burgers
with Mojo Verde Aioli & Oregano Fries
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 russet potato, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 6 tbsp mojo verde sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 mini sweet peppers, trimmed
- 2 Actual Veggies® Black Burgers
- 2 pretzel burger buns
- 2 tsp + 1 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine potato, oregano, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Roast until fries are browned and crisp in places, 15 to 18 minutes. Leave oven on for step 4. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp vegetable oil).
Stir to combine mojo verde, mayo, and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and a pinch of salt and pepper to one side of the skillet. Add burgers to the other side of the skillet. Cook until peppers are soft and burgers are browned and heated through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil).
Toast buns directly on oven rack until lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Place bottom half of each bun on a plate. Spread with mojo verde aioli and top each with a black bean burger and a pepper. Spread a little more mojo verde aioli on the top buns and close the burgers. Serve with oregano fries and remaining mojo verde aioli. Tuck in!