Creamy Tomato Bisque
with Quinoa & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 6 oz cauliflower florets
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup cashews
- 14.5 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan (divided)
- ¼ oz fresh basil, leaves picked and torn
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add quinoa, ½ cup water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the spirals burst and water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 1 cup water)
Add cauliflower, 1 tbsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast until cauliflower is tender and browned in places, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp olive oil)
Add cashews, tomatoes, coconut milk, ¼ cup water, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the large pot with the aromatics. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully pour the bisque mixture into a blender and purée the tomato bisque until smooth. (4-serving meal: use ½ cup water) TIP: Blend the bisque in batches for the 4-serving meal.
Add just 1 tbsp parmesan to the roasted cauliflower and toss. Divide the creamy tomato bisque between bowls, and top with quinoa and parmesan roasted cauliflower. Sprinkle with basil and remaining parmesan. Enjoy! (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp parmesan)