Indian Butter Chickpea Tacos
with Quinoa & Cucumber-Mango Chutney
Get Recipes Delivered
- ⅓ cup white quinoa
- 1 tbsp Madras curry powder (divided)
- 6 corn tortillas
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 5.5 oz coconut milk
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red Fresno chile, deseeded and thinly sliced into rings
- 1 lime, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
- ~This recipe has a spicy ingredient! For low-heat, use spicy ingredients as instructed. For no-heat, omit them entirely.~
Combine quinoa, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until spirals burst and water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water).
Stir together just 1 tsp curry powder, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt in small bowl. Brush curry oil on one side of each tortilla. Cook tortillas, curry oil side down, in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant and tortillas are golden brown but still pliable, 2 to 3 minutes. Wrap tortillas in foil to keep warm. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil).
Return same skillet to medium-high heat. Add any remaining curry oil, remaining curry powder, chickpeas, just half the tomatoes, coconut milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until chickpeas are heated through and sauce has reduced slightly, 6 to 8 minutes. Smash half the chickpeas with fork and turn off heat. TIP: Keep remaining tomatoes for your own use.
Stir together mango chutney, cucumber, just half the Fresno chile, lime juice, and a pinch of salt in small bowl. TIP: Add more Fresno chile if you prefer more spice.
Divide tortillas between plates. Top with quinoa and Indian butter chickpeas. Dollop with cucumber-mango chutney and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!