Za’atar Roasted Root Vegetables
with Pistachio Couscous & Tzatziki
Get Recipes Delivered
- 13.4 oz chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 8 oz root vegetable blend
- 2 tbsp za'atar seasoning
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tbsp pistachios
- 1/4 cup vegan tzatziki
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Add 1 cup water and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan and bring to a boil for couscous. Add chickpeas, root vegetables, 1 tbsp olive oil, za’atar seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper to one side of a foil-lined baking sheet and toss. Add tomatoes, 1 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to the other side of the baking sheet and toss. Roast until root vegetables are crisp-tender and starting to brown and tomatoes are starting to blister, 15 to 18 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 cups water, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp olive oil).
Add couscous to the boiling water in the saucepan, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. Add vinegar, raisins, pistachios, and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover to keep warm.
Divide pistachio couscous and za’atar roasted root vegetables between plates and top with roasted tomatoes and a dollop of tzatziki. Tuck in!